Friday, October 24, 2008

so close yet so far

while browsing some of my favorite designer's spring '09 collections, the only way someone like me can... online, i came across a few that made my heart do that thing where it skips a beat or two. i noticed a few themes in the spring collections. metallics, ombra, bows, a-symmetry, shorts, beads, pastels, and lots of one pieces will be everywhere come april. overall, the collections were quite yummy and makes me want 70 degree weather to work its way back to philadelphia.

luella worked pops of color and ruffles together. this dress looks like icing and is my favorite thus far.

stella mccartney's collection is always fun, classy and detailed beautifully.

house of holland had a whimsical collection of prints and played with shape.

dries van noten wasn't as impressive as the others, but i did love this beaded and sequined dress.

cynthia steffe had these sheer knee highs with black piping that stood out for me.

chloe worked pretty pastels, feminine scalloped edging and lace details.

celine gave me one of those heart fluttering moments. the dress, hair, make up, belt, shoes, and jacket... it's gorgeous together.

anna sui stayed true to her designs with bold patterns.

3.1 phillip lim had the best shoes in all of the collections. sheer confection.

all images were taken from www.vogue.com

No comments: